Masai

Masai

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Perspective

The Indian ocean on this side is magnificent, I walk there at least three times a week. It’s a very short walk from my neighborhood. As you see in this picture you can barely see me. I’m so small compared to that massive body of water. I’ve attempted to walk out as far as I could stand ( the water is freezing because Antarctica is south of us). When you walk in you feel this powerless feeling, you feel that the waves could knock you down at any moment and although there are people on the beach they would probably not even notice because I was just a little speck in the distance. You know until you have seen yourself in comparison to the grandness of an ocean you don’t realize how much bigger life is than just you and your little situations. You know? You start to have a deeper prospective that the world has so much more to offer than just to you and that you only play a very very minute role in this world. It’s a scary but a humbling experience. Humbleness is a word that I would like to ponder on for a while because I feel that that is what I have gained during this journey thus far. Coming to a new place feeling like a fish out of water will give you that feeling, whether you want to or not. It’s like learning to walk again. But nevertheless this chance to start a new me is brilliant. And I would like to thank the Indian Ocean for giving that perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment