Masai

Masai

Thursday, September 16, 2010

NOW NOW< JUST NOW???!?

So Time…Time here is a bit laxed! You’ve heard of Africa time I’m sure but this is something different. They have these expressions Now, Just NOW, and NOW NOW. So JUST NOW could mean anything from this week to this month to this semester. NOW could mean anything from in a few hours to sometime today! And NOW NOW means what it usually means…like now.
This is so confusing right! How weird is it. I have spent many times standing in someone’s face because they told me they would do something for me now. I mean they tell me, "ok I will give you the paperwork now," and ofcourse what I do is sit there and wait…expecting some action...now. Nope they just stare at me and ask me if they could help me with anything else. ..lol WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment